Cafe Poets

Break away from your everyday life and immerse your senses in the splendor of poetry.




Friday 26 March 2010

My sweetheart, the rain drops…


Rain, again rain…
With soft and gentle pearl drops
Pouring on my face, again..
It takes me…takes me…
Into a journey in time…so far back
Brings back sorrow and pain
A child in me sees through…
The faded window glass…
Running freely…jumping the water puddles
Walking in the mud holes..
A man in me …
Gazing at his past…with regrets…
For the one that he had…once
For the joy of life spent…
the first love…
The one began…in me…
The time past …
It brings back…the joy…
She sets up and dims the light
Pours on my face…her rain drops
Builds from a whisper to a forte
I still hear her voice…
Beautiful lightening cast blinding light
in a white dangerous rhythm
Come to me she says…
Hold me tight…she replies…
I see not, her tender soft touch…gentle voice, cries
The pearl drops…
She gives up…
Thunder drums quietly, then shouts,
And She stops…
slips away and hides…
I lose her from my sights…
She is no longer there…
Her orchestra of wind blowing through lush green trees
Are no longer there, it is lost…
Oh, my empty hands, oh my empty heart,
My dried land, no rain drops…
I search and look around, so lost…
Rain, again rain…
With soft and gentle pearl drops
Pouring on my face, again…
I see her from distance far
I touch her face, feel the dew drops
The rain lavishly touches the windowpane…
Lighting sparks the sky…
When I listen closely I hear,
She is talking to me through the clouds
The rain drops…
I ask thee, the clouds…the rain…
You know her and you are close to my sweet heart…
My dear rain...As you pour down with all your might
When will you come to me as my guiding light??
When will you wash my heart??
When will you quench my thirst??
When will you show me something that is right?
When will you bring back the one I loved so much?
To my sights, to my arms…

No comments:

Post a Comment