Cafe Poets

Break away from your everyday life and immerse your senses in the splendor of poetry.




Thursday 25 March 2010

Distant Love...


Your words so warm yet make me sad.
Looking at time passes so fast, and I realize it is my life
Losing all those wonderful time
Seeing my children grow, seeing myself far away
Yet close in a different way
So far away
I cannot touch the hand,
I cannot feel the breath,
I cannot hold you close
Yet so close...
I can feel you in my heart,
I can see you in my mind,
I can hear you in my ears.
My heart is aching
I cannot deny.
It is so hard
to keep on saying good-bye.
I know it's so silly.
Why do I feel so sad?
Why does the thought of being away
make me feel so bad?
But,
I miss your arms
that hold me so tight.
I miss your kisses,
I miss all those good moments of sharing our words
I breathe in you,
Nothing can take away the arches of togetherness we have constructed,
Without you, distant or shoulder to shoulder
Staring at the sky, in these clouds,
My mind won’t stop its pressure,
But I am certain this is the part when this “distant love”
Gives us measure

No comments:

Post a Comment