Cafe Poets

Break away from your everyday life and immerse your senses in the splendor of poetry.




Sunday 30 May 2010

Struggle for pleasure..


Darkness quietly takes away the light
Sneaks in through my window that was bright
My room slightly deemed with light
Then everything disappears short and tall
Into a glimpse of shadow on the wall
Everything that once was there
With the burning candle light
Dancing with the breeze through my half open window
Burning fire warm
Now only shadows on the wall
My memories and dreams of the past
Melancholy and sinister
Takes over the clock of my mind
Rakish hope gets demolished everyday
And all that remains
Are trembling shadows on the wall…
How much joy can I ask for?
How much pleasure life brings?
Living head over heels
Struggle…
But…Life
Still remains…
Only a shadow on the wall
Longing to love…
As life in only a struggle for pleasure
And nothing of life remains, but…
A shadow on the wall
Quietly…
Darkness peaks and takes away the light
Of window now swilled with rain drops
Fire gets another piece of wood
To heat the coldness within
As mind walks me through an unknown path
Of unknown lands
As my Universe
Becomes…
Just a shadow on the wall
A flickering shadow
Comes alive
Within each teardrops
And I stand in Desperado!
Waiting to love…
A struggle for pleasure…

No comments:

Post a Comment